November 12, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSE FINN. SORRY YOU HATE FARMS.


When I have said my evening prayer,
And my clothes are folded on my chair,
And mother switches off the light,
I'll still be eleven months old tonight.
But from the very break of day,
Before the children rise and play,
Before the darkness turns to gold,
Tomorrow I'll be one year old.
One sweet kiss when I wake,
One little candle on my cake.



we visited wishing star farm for jesse finn's first birthday and it was such a fun little adventure. all kinds of animals to see and pet, games to play, ponies to ride, hay pyramids to climb, tunnels to roll in, family and friends to laugh with.

well.

jesse's range of emotions on this day were anywhere from disgust to horror to annoyance to bitter anguish. he had a bad experience.

jesse finn doesn't like farms.

jesse finn doesn't like animals.

jesse finn doesn't like pumpkins.

jesse finn doesn't like games or hay or tunnels or many of his birthday attendees either.

all jesse finn likes is milk and mama's arms.

needless to say, it was not the grand festive occasion we had in mind, but madi and charlie had a fantastic time. jacks was at home sick.

hey, there's always next year right? and i promise we won't go anywhere that smells like poop.

happy birthday to our littlest love. hope you get over your farmaphobia someday.

-mama






No comments:

Post a Comment